Dalessandro Agency Inc

1500 44th St SE
Kentwood, MI 49508

Get Directions
Dalessandro Agency Inc Blog

What auto insurance do I need for my new vehicle

Buying a new car is exciting. Choosing the options you want, the make and model, and of course, the color. You have your financing all lined up, and the only thing left is to get your auto insurance. A new car is unique in many ways, but there are auto insurance requirements that everyone has to meet in Michigan. At Dalessandro Agency Inc. in Grand Rapids, MI, we are your trusted independent insurance agency. We are committed to our community and our clients. 

Michigan is a no-fault state and has been since 1973. You are mandated to carry no-fault overage. If you don’t, you not only won’t be covered for injuries and lost time, you may be fined up to $500 and placed in jail for up to a year or both. Why would you want to risk that?  You will no be able to register your vehicle without proof that you have the required coverage. You need to have no-fault coverage, and additionally, your need residual liability coverage to protect you from the results of the exceptions to no-fault protection. These coverages are for everyone. But as a new car owner, you may have other requirements. 

If you have a car loan, your lender will require that you have collision and comprehensive insurance. These protect the vehicle if you are the at-fault driver. Collision covers damage as the result of a vehicle accident. Comprehensive coverage covers events beyond your control like floods, high winds, hail, vandalism, and theft. Glass coverage is usually included with your comprehensive coverage. 

You may want to consider road-side assistance converge as an add-on to your policy.  

Contact Dalessandro Agency Inc. in Grand Rapids, MI for your auto insurance needs and a no-obligation quote. Let us give you the advantage of our 25 years of experience.